THE RENTAL ADVANTAGE
Unlike other luxury retirement communities, there are no “lifetime leases” to contend with at The Chamberlin, no large up-front entrance fees or complicated continuing care agreements. Rather, our rental agreements allow you to preserve your assets and retain complete flexibility in your lifestyle and your finances. Leases at The Chamberlin are signed for 12 months. We call it “The Rental Advantage.” You’ll call it perfect.
The benefits are yours to enjoy!
- No home maintenance or home ownership responsibilities
- No large up front fees
- Twelve-month leases offer flexibility if retirement plans change.
- Maintain your independence by adding additional services as they become necessary.
- Move when you wish without the need to sell a home.
Grand apartment living.
The luxury is built right in.
The Chamberlin’s one-bedroom, one-bedroom with den, and two-bedroom apartments are as grand as they are inviting, offering peace, security and every modern convenience.
- Gourmet kitchens and under cabinet lighting
- Granite countertops
- Side-by-side refrigerator with built-in water and ice dispenser
- Quiet power dishwasher
- Built-in microwave
- Granite bar for casual dining
- Garbage disposal
- Washer and dryer
- Elegant foyer – most with hardwood floors
- Crown molding in formal living areas
- Ceramic tile in bathrooms
- Upgraded chandelier and light fixtures
- Custom plantation blinds
- Deep windowsills
- Digital telephone service with voicemail
- Emergency response system
- Individually controlled heating and cooling
Many apartments also feature:
- Chesapeake Bay views
- Beautifully restored architectural details
- Hardwood flooring in dining room
- 10- and 20-foot ceiling heights
- Built-in library shelving
- Large palladium windows
- Preserved historic columns with custom cabinetry
- Linen closets
- Private patios
- Separate shower and tub
Your lifestyle. Your community.
Enjoy all of these great services and amenities included in your monthly rent.
- All utilities (except long-distance phone, cable and internet)
- Local telephone calls
- 30 gourmet meals per month, per resident
- Bi-weekly housekeeping including bed linen service
- Transportation to scheduled activities, shopping and professional appointments (within a 15-mile radius)
- Hygeia Health Club Membership
- Exercise classes and wellness programs
- Weekly Happy Hour
- Social Events coordinator with full social calendar
- Complimentary coffee bar at the Channel Bistro
- Monitored building access
- Emergency call system
- Professional on-site maintenance
- 24-hour professional staff
- Professionally landscaped grounds
- Reserved parking
Any of these extra conveniences and services can be enjoyed through an additional charge to your monthly rent.
- Additional personal storage
- Safety features including roaming medical pendants and motion detection
- Full service salon with manicures and pedicures
- Entertainment space in the Private Dining Room and/or rooftop solarium
- Full catering services
- Age in Place Support services
- On-site physical, occupational and speech therapies
The one-bedroom, one bedroom with den and two-bedroom apartment homes at The Chamberlin are as grand as they are inviting, offering peace, security and every modern convenience.
Apartment Style 302
829 sq. ft., Two bedrooms, Granite Bar & Countertops, Views of Fort Monroe, Hardwood Floors in Foyer & Kitchen, Soaking Tub, Walk In & Double Closets in Bedrooms, Washer & Dryer
Apartment Styles 310-810
979 sq. ft., Two bedroom, Two bath, Expansive Water Views, Full Bathtub and Walk In Shower, Casual Granite Bar & Countertops, Furnished Model Available to View
“Sometimes now when I look out our window in The Chamberlin while watching ship traffic it amazes me to realize that hundreds of years ago a good number of my own ancestors passed in sailing ships the spot that I am looking at in the present day.”
“Curtis was born in Barboursville, W.V. and Julia in Huntington, W.VA. After 34 years Curtis retired as Captain USN. Julie is the “Admiral”. Curtis and Julia were married in 1954. They have 2 children and 5 grandchildren (plus some “strays”).”
“With no big buy-in, living at The Chamberlin enables me to remain financially independent, something that’s extremely important to me. By avoiding that big buy-in I can continue to be on my own and don’t have to depend on my children.”
“We’ve got a whole wonderful lifestyle. We can go swimming, get a haircut, get good food without leaving the building. And within a very easy distance are all the hobbies and things I love to do. We can play in the yard, dig in the dirt, and go fishing. Plus, the fort is magnificent.”
“We have a full time activities director and she’s doing more and more – as a matter of fact now we have two activities directors keeping up with all the things that are going on here. For us, it’s like living on a cruise ship.”
“Growing up during the big depression, many of us learned to really value money. We want to be secure and financially independent. We want value. I feel like we have value for our money here at The Chamberlin. We get our money’s worth for sure.”
“I get up every morning and can’t believe that I’m living in such a great place. I love the sense of grandeur here, the charm of the building and the way it’s been so beautifully renovated. And I love that that we live right on the bay”
“Here you are really getting twice as much as what you pay for. Wonderful accommodations, wonderful staff, wonderful view. How many more wonderfuls do you need?”